Show your AAUW support with a fabulous t-shirt for only $10! Shirts will be available at the event or prepay now for fast pickup at the door.
With the elections right around the corner, now is a great time to make sure that you continue to make your voice heard once policy makers are in office! Join AAUW Honolulu and the Hawaii State Commission on the Status of Women for a special voter engagement workshop.
Topics to be covered during the workshop include:
- An overview of the legislative process in Hawaii
- How the Women’s Coalition works to identify issues important to women and propose legislation in conjunction with the Hawaii Women’s Legislative Caucus
- The important role of testimony and how to write compelling testimony
WHERE: Neal S. Blaisdell Center, Maui Room
Free continental breakfast provided
WHEN Saturday, November 5, 2016 ~ 9:30am-Noon
PARKING: $6.00 in the facility; street parking is available.
9:30-10:00am Arrive, refreshments and networking
AAUW Honolulu is participating in the 2016 Honolulu Pride TM Festival to show our support and solidarity with the LGBTQ community and we need your help! The event kicks off with a fun and fabulous parade and culminates in a community festival at the Waikiki Shell. Join us for this great opportunity to share AAUW Honolulu’s impact with the community and meet new and interesting people!
We are looking for volunteers to represent AAUW Honolulu in the parade. The parade starts at 11am at Magic Island at Ala Moana Beach Park, travels through Waikiki on Kalakaua Avenue and ends at the Diamond Greens.
When: Saturday, October 22, 2016
Sign up to participate in the 2016 Honolulu Pride TM Festival Parade with AAUW Honolulu:
Have a question? Click here to submit your question.
Calling AAUW Members and Supporters! We need help getting the word out about AAUW Honolulu at Wahine Forum 2016 and are looking for volunteers to staff our table in 1-2 hour shifts. We provide materials and training/instruction for table volunteers. This is a great opportunity to meet interesting new people and share the impact of AAUW Honolulu in our community.
Sign up for a 2-hour shift and AAUW Honolulu will sponsor half of your Wahine Forum 2016 registration!
When: Thursday, October 27, 2016 ~ 7:30am-4:30pm
Where: Hilton Hawaiian Village – Coral Ballroom – 2005 Kalia Rd, Honolulu, HI 96815
About Wahine Forum: The Wahine Forum is Hawaii’s leading women’s conference for women in business and civic leaders. This empowering event features networking, workshops and inspiring speakers to empower women by building useful skills that allow them to excel personally and professionally. The theme, “Build your Life, Shape Our World,” focuses on developing women on an individual level that enables them to strengthen programs, organizations and companies at a community level.
Click here for details about Wahine Forum 2016.
Wahine Forum attendees click here for a special discounted membership!
Sign up to help staff the AAUW Honolulu Wahine Forum 2016 table:
Have a question? Click here to submit your question.
Dial-in Number: (641) 715-3580
Access Code: 333705
Instructions and FAQ: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/instructions
- Wednesday, September 14 (5-6 pm)
- Wednesday, September 28 (5-6 pm)
- Wednesday, November 16 (5-6 pm)
Sorry! The Talk Story Tuesdays page has been moved! Click here!
Join us as we celebrate the AAUW Honolulu NCCWSL scholarship awardees!
When: Thursday, September 22, 2016
Time: 6-8:00 pm
Where: UH Manoa QLC #208 (Queen Liliuokalani Center for Student Services – down the hall from the Womenʻs Center)
Cost: FREE! Please RSVP so we can get enough food for everyone!
What: Join us for FREE pupus and talk story with the student leaders who attended NCCWSL: America’s premier conference for college women. Learn from their experiences and how you can apply for a scholarship to attend next year!
About NCCWSL: This conference provides a transformative experience for attendees and prepares them to be the next generation of leaders. At the three day conference, students
- Choose from more than 50 workshops that prepare them for life after college
- Meet inspiring role models including Women of Distinction awardees and speakers
- Make connections for life
- Discover their future from 100 graduate schools and employers
- Gain the confidence and skills to return to their campuses and communities ready to take action
Parking: After hours parking is $6 on campus and thereʻs a parking lot behind the building (see parking map below). QLC is marked in Yellow & Red 9. Limited no cost street parking may be available as well.
MAP: Download the PDF version of map here.
- September 8, 2016 (5:30 pm, webinar)
- October 12, 2016 (5:30 pm, OCISS, Room 113, 475 22nd Ave, Honolulu HI 96816)
- December 8 (5:30 pm, webinar)
- January 11, 2017 (5:30 pm, OCISS, Room 113, 475 22nd Ave, Honolulu HI 96816)
- February 25, 2017 (12:00 pm HPU Hawaii Loa Campus, Kaneohe HI 96744)
- March 7 , 2017 (5:30 pm, webinar)
- April 6, 2017 (5:30 pm, OCISS, Room 113, 475 22nd Ave, Honolulu HI 96816)
- April 12, 2017 (5:30 pm, OCISS, Room 113, 475 22nd Ave, Honolulu HI 96816)
- April 19, 2017 (5:30 pm, OCISS, Room 113, 475 22nd Ave, Honolulu HI 96816)
- April 21, 2017 (4 pm, HPU, Hawaii Loa Campus, Kaneohe HI 96744)
- April 22, 2017 TechSavvy Conference, HPU, Hawaii Loa Campus, Kaneohe HI 96744
Outrigger Canoe Club
2909 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815
Wednesday, August 24th
6:00 PM Registration
6:30 PM Program
7:00 PM Dinner
Students – $20
General Members and guests – $40
Scholarship Awardees (current & former) : Complimentary
RSVP by August 17th
No host bar
This year’s celebration marks the 25th anniversary of the Tweet Coleman Aviation Scholarship!
AARP Hawaii is hosting a free conference for women in collaboration with community partners. We’d appreciate it if you could let the women in your life know about the event. It is particularly geared toward women age 40-65 but may be of interest to women of all ages. Attached please find a flier and facebook post that can be used to promote the event.
On average, women live longer, make less money, and leave work more often to care for children and parents. Learn how to address these unique challenges. Join other women in a supportive learning environment.
Get information to make smart, fact based financial decisions to plan your future.
Women & Money: Secure Your Future
Date: August 6, 2016
Time : 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Japanese Cultural Center Manoa Grand Ballroom
Community Partners: AAUW, Bank of Hawaii, Honolulu Japanese Chamber of Commerce, Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii, Filipino Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii, and the Korean Chamber of Commerce.