AAUW-Honolulu Branch Scholarships provide women in the state of Hawaii with funds to pursue their educational and career goals. Scholarships are available for flight training, undergraduate study, graduate study and doctoral research.
TWEET COLEMAN AVIATION SCHOLARSHIP
Provides funds for women seeking to earn a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Pilot Certificate. Must be an undergraduate student or have a baccalaureate or associate degree.
The application deadline for the Tweet Coleman Aviation Scholarship is April 30.
AAUW HONOLULU BRANCH SCHOLARSHIP
Provides funds for undergraduate study, graduate study and doctoral research.
- Be a resident of the State of Hawaii
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a full-time junior or senior undergraduate student or a graduate student at a college or university located in the State of Hawaii
- Grade Point Average (GPA) 3.0 or above
- Female student
Post Award Requests:
- Successful undergraduate award recipients will be encouraged to volunteer at AAUW Honolulu Branch activities or events.
- Successful graduate award recipients will be encouraged to make a presentation related to their academic research at an AAUW Honolulu Branch membership meeting or activity.
Applications for the 2016-2017 academic year will open on Tuesday, December 1, 2015. Early application deadline is Friday, January 29, 2016. Applicants who turn in a completed application by the early application deadline will have their applications reviewed to verify if supporting documents have been submitted. If not, students will have the opportunity to re-submit correct documents by the final deadline.
The application deadline for the AAUW Honolulu Branch Scholarship is 4:00pm (HST) on Thursday, February 18, 2016.
Access the Application Form by going to www.hawaiicommunityfoundation.org and searching for our application using the keyword AAUW.