AAUW-Honolulu Branch Scholarships provide women in the state of Hawaii with funds to pursue their educational and career goals. Scholarships are available for flight training, undergraduate study, graduate study and doctoral research.
Tweet Coleman Aviation Scholarship: Provides funds for women seeking to earn a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Pilot Certificate. Must be an undergraduate student or have a baccalaureate or associate degree.
The application deadline for the Tweet Coleman Aviation Scholarship is April 30, 2015.
- Be a resident of the State of Hawaii
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a full-time junior or senior undergraduate student or a graduate student at a college or university located in the State of Hawaii
- Grade Point Average (GPA) 3.0 or above
- Female student
- Provide a brief Curriculum Vitae or Resume highlighting academic achievements
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member and one letter of recommendation from a community member (a non-relative)
- STEM applicants
- Students majoring in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Post Award Requests:
- Successful undergraduate award recipients will be encouraged to volunteer at AAUW Honolulu Branch activities or events.
- Successful graduate award recipients will be encouraged to make a presentation related to their academic research at an AAUW Honolulu Branch membership meeting or activity
The application deadline for the AAUW Honolulu Branch Scholarship is 4:00pm (HST) on Thursday, Feb. 19, 2015.
The application form for the AAUW Honolulu Branch Scholarship for undergraduate and graduate study is posted on the Hawaii Community Foundation (HCF) website.
The form is listed under American Association of University Women and can be found by using the keyword AAUW.