Equality for women in the workplace depends on developing women who can lead. NCCWSL teaches leadership skills through its extensive workshop curricula to its college and university attendees.
NCCWSL helps female undergraduate and graduate students develop and strengthen a voice, skill set, and mind-set for leadership and they learn how, why, and when to take action and be an agent for change. They gain a better understanding of local, national, and global issues and policies affecting women and own their own identities. They also gain a greater understanding of their role in supporting diverse voices and supporting them. It prepares them by helping students build a professional tool kit for postgraduate life.
AAUW Honolulu is proud to be able to provide female undergraduate and graduate students in Hawaii the opportunity to take part NCCWSL.
Conference Date: Wednesday, May 27 – Saturday May 31, 2020
Location: University of Maryland, College Park
Application Due Date: The scholarship application for NCCWSL 2020 will open on Feb. 3, 2020 and close on Feb. 28, 2020
For more information, visit NCCWSL.org.
Student Scholarships include:
- Individual registration.
- Hotel accommodations (arranged by AAUW Honolulu Branch). Students will be assigned a roommate.
- Airfare booked and paid for by AAUW Honolulu Branch.
- Travel stipend (if used wisely, stipend will cover transportation costs to and from the airport, baggage fees, and meals during travel).
- You must be a graduate or undergraduate student (full- or part-time) enrolled in an accredited degree program at a college or university in Hawaii at the time of the conference.
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in leadership.