DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 22, 2020
Email us if you have any questions
It has come to our attention that the grant application submission form is not currently working. We appreciate your patience as we work out the problem. If you have been unable to submit your application, please email us and we will contact you as soon as the form is functional again.
Are you a working woman seeking to enhance and improve your career? Are you a graduate student or early career academic looking to share your research with colleagues at conferences?
If the high cost of conferences, meetings, seminars and certifications are holding you back from advancing in your industry, apply for an AAUW Honolulu Career and Leadership Development Grant!
We offer multiple grants (up to $4,000 for each grant), each application cycle. Successful applicants will also be awarded a complimentary one-year membership to AAUW Honolulu.
Grant funds can be used for:
- Hotel/accommodation costs
- Per diem
- Membership and/or conference registration fees (if required for conference attendance)
- Other transportation costs (e.g. airport shuttles)
- Costs associated with pursuing career-related designations (e.g. prep courses, exams)
Applications will be evaluated based on several criteria, including the proposed activity’s likelihood to 1) further the applicant’s career goals; 2) make a positive impact on the applicant’s community (however defined by the applicant); and 3) help advance AAUW’s mission, as well as the strength of the letter of recommendation. Applications can be submitted up to nine months before the proposed activity. Qualified applicants are women who are employed, current graduate students or recent graduates residing in Hawaii.
September 15th and March 15th of each year
October 15th and April 15th of each year
Applications can be submitted through the AAUW Honolulu website using the form below; all documents should be submitted in PDF format. A complete application includes:
- Your contact information.
- Details for the proposed activity.
- One letter of reference, which should be submitted directly to the Engagement Team from the reference writer. (Contact information for one professional reference/recommender should be noted below. Instructions for reference writers can be found here.)
- Please note: Applicants are responsible for contacting their references and informing them about reference letter deadlines.
- A one page cover letter (uploaded as a PDF) that details the following:
- The proposed activity and how the proposed activity will affect your professional development and career plans
- How the proposed activity will impact the applicant’s community
- This can be the applicant’s scholarly community, workplace community, personal community or any other notion of community, but please specify
- Any extenuating circumstances or needs that you would like considered
- How the proposed activity (or activity outcomes) will help to advance AAUW’s mission
- A copy of your resume or CV.
- An itemized budget detailing estimated trip costs.
- Proof of acceptance of presentation/paper (for academic conferences).