If the high cost of conferences, meetings, seminars and certifications are holding you back from advancing in your industry, apply for an AAUW Honolulu Career and Leadership Development Grant!
We offer multiple grants (up to $4,000 for each grant), each application cycle.
Grant funds can be used for:
- Hotel/accommodation costs
- Per diem
- Membership and/or conference registration fees (if required for conference attendance)
- Other transportation costs (e.g. airport shuttles)
- Costs associated with pursuing career-related designations (e.g. prep courses, exams)
Applications will be evaluated on the strength of your submissions and the relevance of the proposed activity to your career, industry or study plans and can be submitted up to nine months before the proposed activity. Qualified applicants are women who are employed, current graduate students or recent graduates residing in Hawaii.
September 15th and March 15th of each year
October 15th and April 15th of each year
Applications can be submitted through the AAUW Honolulu website using the form below. A complete application includes:
- Your contact information.
- Details for the proposed activity.
- One letter of reference, which should be submitted directly to the selection committee from the reference writer. (Contact information for one professional reference/recommender should be noted below. Instructions for reference writers can be found here.)
- Please note: Applicants are responsible for contacting their references and informing them about reference letter deadlines.
- An uploaded one page cover letter, in PDF format, that details the proposed activity, how the proposed activity will affect your professional development, your career plans and any extenuating circumstances or needs that you would like considered.
- A copy of your resume or CV.
- An itemized budget detailing estimated trip costs.
- Proof of acceptance of presentation/paper (for academic conferences).