Tech Savvy needs volunteers to help the day of the conference. Volunteers can either help for the sessions in the morning, afternoon or both portions of the day. Click here to register to volunteer…
WHERE: Hawaii Pacific University
WHEN: April 21, 2018; 8 AM – 4 PM
Tech Savvy consists of STEM workshops, Savvy Skills workshops (soft skills such as communication, understanding social media, public speaking), and College Savvy (a mini-college fair geared at girls just starting to explore college options). There are concurrent sessions for parents to attend. We need volunteers to help the day of the conference. Volunteers can either help for the morning, afternoon or both portions of the day.
- Morning Set-Up: Put up signs, set up registration area, prepare rooms
- Morning Registration: Sign in adults and children for the day, provide name tags and tote bags
- Room Set-Up: Go from room to room before each session begins to ensure that all presenters have what they need; remain on floor to assist presenters during sessions
- Meal Assistance: Set up, serve and clean up for lunch and afternoon snacks
- Room Guides: Lead groups of girls and adults from room to room within a building; be posted in strategic locations to give attendees directions
- Workshop Assistance: Check-in with speakers during their workshops to see if they need any assistance with materials, A/V or general information
- Room Hosts: Assist presenters with handouts; check badges at door to ensure girls are at right session; alert presenter at 5 minute mark to begin to wrap up
- Floater: General assistance for presenters/College Savvy representatives
- Evaluation: Assist participants in completing post-event evaluations during the closing session
- College Savvy Guides: Help unload materials for college representatives and bring to College Savvy area; help college representatives collect materials and bring to their cars
Click here to register to volunteer.
Does your office have a bulletin board? Post our Tech Savvy volunteer flyer!